Ch-ch-ch-changes

There's going to be some changes around here.
The blog is going to be undergoing a few changes in the next upcoming weeks. First, I'm going to be adding a few more contributors. If you live in the area, and if you followed the adventures of the Pigskin Prophets in the Advertiser during football season, then you'll recognize the names. This needs to happen, since I anticipate being very busy in the next couple of weeks, and I don't want the few readers who enjoy this blog to have to suffer without.
The main reason for this change is this....since the cat's out of the bag (so to speak) and everyone will hear the announcement on tonight's pre-game show....starting Monday, January 14th, I will taking over as the next Sports Editor at The County Press newspaper in Lapeer.
This is an exciting opportunity for me and my family. As of now, I have no plans on leaving the area where I currently live, but who knows what the future holds.
The reason I assume that I will busy is this....the winter sports season is nearing the half way point, and I'm going to have to fully immerse myself into the job in order to get caught up on what has been happening in the Lapeer area.
I have been trying to catch up a little bit by reading on-line articles about the schools I will be covering, but that only gives you so much.
I will still be here, though. I still plan on being a part of the Mix 92.1 pre-game show (where the most professional sports enthusiasts in the Tuscola County area can be heard every Friday night staring at 7 pm).
And I still plan on contributing on here every so often.
Ofcourse, if you want to check out what's happening in the Lapeer area, you can read everything at www.countypress.com. I even started a blog for the area (although I haven't put anything on there yet). It's at www.lapeercountysports.blogspot.com.
I look forward to the challenge of the job. I think it's going to be a blast!

Griesing looking to sweep the trophies.
After his 27 point effort against Laker the other night, Millington's Dustin Griesing would appear to be the front runner for All Thumb Player of the Year honors.
The senior, who was chosen as All-Thumb Player of the Year after his senior of football; is leading his team in scoring at 18.4 points per game. As a point guard, he is also leading his team in assists, rebounds, steals, free throw shooting and a host of other stats, all in guiding his team to a 5-2 start.
His team's only losses were to Bridgeport and Birch Run.
I can't think of another individual player in the Thumb area who means as much to the success of his team than Griesing does.
Reese and USA may be better teams, but they have solid lineups....from top to bottom, the Rockets and the Patriots are good teams who lack a dominant player. But that's good. Their both unbeaten this year because they have such great depth. For Millington, if you stop Griesing, you stop the team. It's just that he's been so good this year, that not many teams have much luck in stopping him.

It's F'muth all the way.
Tonight is a big night for both the Frankenmuth boys and girls teams, as they travel to Birch Run to play the Panthers.
The winner of these games will tighten their grip a little bit on the race for the Tri-Valley East conference titles.
I think the Eagles are going to not only make a clean sweep tonight, but when the season is over, both the F'muth boys and girls will be celebrating league championships.

Comments

Congratulations Andrew.

In my opinion, Dustin needs to lead his team to victory in 2 of the remaining 4 big games ('Muth, 'Muth, Birch Run & Bridgeport) that they remaining. If he does this then he should have a pretty good shot at getting the award (since Redford does not count). It is still a close race with a few other players though.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations and best wishes with you new job! I'm sure you are excited about the opportunity and we all know that you will be a huge success.
Paul Adams said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Ogryski said…
Welcome to the JRC family. I'm sure you're aware that my paper, Dale's paper and yours are all part of the Lapeer group.
Let me know what teams you have to cover, the old editor never did, and maybe we can coordinate some mutual coverage some times.

Popular posts from this blog

All-Conference teams announced

The Big Game.

Still talkin' football