New Lothrop rolls

Hornets Sting Eagles-I was at the New Lothrop-Deckerville Regional championship game today covering the game for fridaynighttitans.com. I had nothing else to do today, and since I'm such a nice guy, I decided to do a favor for a friend, and I went to New Lothrop to take pictures for Matt Anderson (the guy who runs FNT).

I'll tell you what...Deckerville has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!! The Eagles played with a lot of class, but the Hornets of NL won 36-28, claiming the school's first-ever Regional trophy. It was a great game, and I even got to meet Dean Howe from the Flint Journal, who has been a fixture in Genesee County area sports for more than 40 years now. We both interviewed NL's coach Emmendorfer at the same time---so it was a good day for me! It was a little cold, and the field was a muddy mess, but it was a great game.

New Lothop led 14-0, and 20-6, before Deckerville ran off 16 straight points to take their only lead of the game, 22-20, in the second quarter. The fourth quarter belonged to New Lothrop though, as the Hornets outscored the Eagles 13-6 in the final frame and the men in black won.

Check out www.fridaynighttitans.com tomorrow for my article on the game and my pics should be up at that time also.

Girl's All Area--If I have my way, this is how the TCA's girl's all-area teams will look:

1st team
G-Leigha Wilmot (16.9 ppg)-Kingston
G-Nicole Bade (13.5 ppg 9.7 rpg), -Frankenmuth
F-Emily Schinnerer (15.7 ppg, 7.6 rpg)-Cass City
F-Rachel Hebberd (13.8 ppg, 13.5 rpg)-North Branch
F-Katie Rayl (14.9 ppg, 7.6 rpg)-USA
C-Kelsey Hall (14.9 ppg, 6.9 rpg)-Marlette

2nd team
G-Kayla Doshier (13.3 ppg)-Millington
G-Kaite Tausch (11.5 ppg)-Vassar
F-Jenna Lange (13.6 ppg, 7.6 rpg)-Marlette
F-Carly Treiber (11.1 ppg, 8.8 rpg)-USA
F-Becky Albrecht (10.8 ppg, 8.5 rpg)-Caro
C-Allyson Crousore (13.2 ppg, 8.3 rpg)-Kingston

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All-Conference teams announced

Still talkin' football

The Big Game.