What's going on

How long did I sleep? I awoke this morning to a ground covered in snow and flakes the size of a childs hand falling from the sky, which caused me to ask my wife this morning, "Exactly how long did I sleep?"
Feeling a little like Rip Van Winkle, I tried to shake off the doldrums of slumber, made my way to the kitchen and glanced at the calender to remind myself that it is almost Easter.
Ofcourse, this is Michigan, so the 180 degree change in the recent weather should not surprise me; I believe the old saying states that if you don't like the weather here, just wait five minutes and it will change.
I hear on Tuesday that it will be 60...not exactly five minutes from now but the sudden change sounds about right.

GO TIGERS!! If the first two games of the 2007 season for the Tigers tell us anything, it's that we are in for a great ride.
Trailing by three on Monday, the Tigers fought back and tied the game at 3-3 before losing to Toronto in 10 innings, 5-3.
Yesterday, the Tigers had a huge 10-2 lead, thanks to five rbi's, including a grand slam, from Curtis Granderson before the Bluejays woke up and started to find the wind.
On Opening Day Monday, the Tigers and Jays played under blue skies and 55-60 degree temps.
Yesterday, it was around 35 with wind gusts up to 30 miles an hour.
The Jays closed the Tigers lead to 10-9 with a seven run seventh inning, thanks mainly to misplayed popflies that must have been like trying to catch an actual fly in your glove thanks to the wind gusts.
Todd Jones closed out the ninth for his first save of the year, but not without making it interesting in a way that only Jones can.
I still believe that the Tigers are going to have a great season; I really think they have what it takes to win over 100 games this year and I think they are going to win the World Series.
And if the first two games are an indicator of what we can expect, than this summer is going to be a lot of fun, if and when it ever gets here.

Do we dare talk about it. I hate to bring it up, but the NFL draft day is quickly approaching, and the Lions have the number two pick in the draft, which is beginning to feel like an annual thing now.
Why do I have this feeling that Matt Moron and co. are going to do something stupid? BECAUSE ITS THE LIONS!!
What should they do...draft Notre Dame's Brady Quinn?
Sure, because high picks at that position have worked out so well for them in the past, starting with Chuck Long, And then Andre Ware and ofcourse Joey Harrington turned out to be a star.
I know, lets take another WR at number two because Charles Rogers and Mike Williams turned out be such good picks.
We could take another undersized OL like Joe Thomas from Wisconsin and ask him to anchor the line like we have for the little runt from Michigan who is a tackle in a guards body and has spent the better part of his career getting beat by bigger and stronger DT's.
Has their been one pick that Millen has made that has ever panned out?
I guess one could argue for Roy Williams, but that pick was sort of a no-brainer.
The Kevin Jones pick looked like a good one at the time, but because of a recent injury, we may have seen the end of Jones for good.
So what to do?
If I was Millen, I woild try to find a team that really wanted Quinn, maybe Cleveland, and I would trade down for more picks, than I would draft Adrian Peterson.
Yes Peterson is a little banged up, but this pick to me seems like another no-brainer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All-Conference teams announced

Still talkin' football

The Big Game.