Official Boys District Picks

Here are my boys district picks for this week. Hopefully, I will get a few more correct than last week.

District 57B - Millington
Millington over Croswell-Lexington
Vassar over Caro

Millington over Yale
Vassar over North Branch

Millington over Vassar. They have played two close games with Millington coming out on top both times. I think the Frankenmuth win will propel Millington to their first district crown since 1999.

District 58B - Essexville-Garber
Frankenmuth over Bridgeport. Here I go again picking a team to win for the 3rd time this year, but I do not see Frankenmuth losing 3 games in a row.

Freeland over Essexville-Garber

Frankenmuth over Bangor-John Glenn
Pinconning over Freeland

Frankenmuth over Pinconning for a repeat district championship.

District 81C - Marlette
Burton-Bentley over Sandusky
Brown City over Marlette

Burton-Bentley over Dryden
Brown City over Memphis

Burton-Bentley over Brown City. This was a difficult pick, but Bentley has played a difficult schedule and Brown City may be due for a lose, hence my upset pick.

District 89C - Carrollton
Reese over Mayville
Buena Vista over Carrollton

Reese over Valley Lutheran
Nouvel over Buena Vista. Nouvel will not lose for the 3rd time.

Reese over Nouvel to continue the unbeaten streak to 22, and to try to make up for the lose in football.

District 90C - USA
Ubly over Cass City
USA over Laker High

Ubly over Harbor Beach (Cass City)
USA over Bad Axe

USA over Ubly for a repeat district championship, and the 2nd district crown for the Greater Thumb West.

District 112D - Peck
CPS over New Life
Peck over Deckerville

CPS over Kingston
Peck over Marine City Cardinal Mooney

Peck over CPS for first distrct title since 1998.

District 113D - Port Hope
Bay City All Saints over Port Hope
Owendale-Gagetown over Akron-Fairgrove

Bay City All Saints over Caseville
Kinde-North Huron over Owendale-Gagetown

Bay City All Saints over Kinde-North Huron for their first district since 2006 and the Greater Thumb West's third district title.





--------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. One more reason we need seeding for the MHSAA playoffs, Saginaw and Saginaw Arthur Hill meet tonight in the first round of the district.
  2. The MHSAA also assigned a dead man to ref a tournament game. I only thought they assigned blind people to be officials :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

District Quarters

All I can say is wow. I hoping to get a few more wins during the boys district, but I did not expect 13 of 14. I am going to play Mega Millions on Friday night, we shall see what happens. Oh, by the way, ouch - Bay City All Saints 60 Port Hope 6 - boys final score.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

District Semi-Finals

Well, not as good as the quarters, but 9-12 is not too bad. Will have to wait for scores for the games from Peck until tonight. The games were not played yesterday because of weather (recurring theme this year). Overall, I am 22 of 26.

Both Peck and CPS won on Thursday night bringing my semi-final picks to a respectable 11-14. I am now 24 for 28 on boys picks. I was only 20 for 28 during the same time period for the girls picks. I hope to have a pretty good night tonight as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

District Finals

Nouvel and Brown City ruined my chance at a perfect night. I went 5 for 7 tonight. I finished 29 for 35 during the boys districts, five games better than the week before during the girls districts. Good luck to all the teams that advanced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All-Conference teams announced

Still talkin' football

The Big Game.